Hotmail.com Sign in Page. Hotmail is one of the most popular free email services that have millions of users worldwide. The service which is owned by Microsoft has been converted to outlook with several add-on features to enhance the user experience. In this guide we will go through some of the useful options of Hotmail that can help a new user in customizing his new account
Steps to add an email address to your contact list
Whenever you buy a new phone the first thing you do is to add all contacts to your phone book. This helps you in using those contacts next time you need it without going through the trouble of entering their numbers for making calls. In the same manner you can add email address of important people with whom you need to interact on a day to day basis via mail. Follow the steps mentioned below to easily add a new mail address to your list.
- Log into your Hotmail account by visiting Hotmail.com.
- Once you are logged in, you will be having your account interface with the header Outlook.com on the top bar.
- Adjacent to the outlook.com you will be able to see a plus symbol with a circle around it and an option that say “New” The option is for creating a new mail. Click on the option “New” to proceed.
- A new page would open up displaying a blank email format which you can use to compose a new mail. However, you just need to add a new contact or email address to your list. So you may ignore the mail format.
- Above the mail format you have a menu bar with the header Outlook.com. Adjacent to that on the left side you can see a symbol of a group of squares. The icon represents the menu for various options and apps that you can use through your Hotmail account. You can either click on this icon or the down arrow next to the text Outlook.
- A new window would pop up that shows various options like Excel online, People, and PowerPoint OneDrive etc. Among these you need to select the option called ‘People’. The option basically allows you to manage all your contacts in Hotmail as well as other services like Facebook, Google etc.
- A new page would open up where you can see various options to manage your contacts. On the menu bar of the page you will be able to see option “People” and next to that you have a plus symbol with the option ‘New’. This option is meant for adding new contacts to your account. Select the option to proceed further.
- A new window would open up with the header ‘add new contact’. Below that you get the option to enter the details of your contact person.
- You would be asked to enter details like First name, last name, company, email address and additional email address if any. Once you enter all the available details you can click on the option ‘save’ in order to finish the procedure.
- Now you have added a new email address to your list of contacts. So next time when you are sending a mail you have to just type the first few letters of the name of your contact person and Hotmail would prompt you with the email ID you have saved. You have to simply select from the options promoted and the mail ID would be added to your recipient list.
- Now if you check the ‘People’ page, under the option ‘All contacts’ you would be able to see the email address which you have saved just now.
- You can also add an email ID while sending a mail. Once you have sent a mail to new contact it would be saved in your Hotmail and next time when you type the first letters in the mail you would get the full ID displayed as a prompt.
- There are also options to import email IDs in bulk from third-party services like Facebook or Twitter. This is also a useful feature in Hotmail which you can try from the “People” page. This allows you to get all the contacts with their names and IDs and profile pictures imported to your Hotmail.