Login access to Hotmail
There have been several changes that have taken place to Hotmail. From Hotmail domain it was moved to MSN and then redirected to Live. Today Live has merged with Outlook to provide an integrated platform for Hotmail users. The login process is as follows:
- Type in Outlook.com on your web browser.
- Find the login panel on the front page.
- Type in the full username and password of your Hotmail address.
- You need to ensure that you mention the Hotmail domain address in full in the username space.
- You can choose the option to save the password on the computer, especially if it is a single user computer.
The above process will help one to gain access to their existing Hotmail account easily. However, those who have forgotten their password or username for Hotmail need to recover the same.
For those who are logged into their Hotmail account after a long time need to ensure that they are aware of the process of logging in and how to recover access to their account in case the access details are forgotten.
Recovery process for Hotmail login
In case one has forgotten their Hotmail address or username, they can choose the link to reset their username or gain assistance for the same. On the subsequent page one would be asked to key in the alternate email address provided whereby a reset link is sent. In other cases, for instance, if one has forgotten their password, they will be sent a security code to their registered phone number. This code has to be entered and validated in order to gain access to the account.
Security details for someone’s account
In order to safeguard one’s account and to prevent hassles from having forgotten one’s username and password, here are some steps to follow:
- Log onto your Hotmail account through Outlook domain.
- In the settings option you will find the security tab.
- Here one needs to update certain information which will come of use when one needs to recover access to their account.
- One needs to update the security questions and answers which need to be remembered.
- The other option that is necessary is to update one’s contact number to receive security codes for validation.
- One should also update an alternate email address for communication.
These are some of the several security steps that are issued for safeguarding your account. It is necessary to ensure that the information is updated so that access to one’s account is ensured at all times.
Hotmail is a free web based email service offered by Microsoft. You can create a new Hotmail account for free and make use of the host of features on offer from Microsoft to satisfy your emailing needs. You can use your Hotmail account details like the username and password to access all the services offered by Microsoft like OneDrive, Xbox, Bing, Calendar, etc.
Steps to create an account
- To start the account creation, visit Hotmail.com from your web browser.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft sign-in page. There is no need to worry as you can still create a new Hotmail account through the Microsoft sign up option.
- Locate the ‘Don’t have a Microsoft account? Sign up now’ option and click on it.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft account creation page. This is where you will be able to open a Hotmail account.
- The first field that you need to fill in will be the first and the last name.
- After this, you will be asked to enter an email address or username. You will have to key in a name that you like, followed by @hotmail.com in order to get the Hotmail user id.
- After you have entered a username that Microsoft has accepted, you can now move on to the next type box where you need to enter a case sensitive and strong password that is at least 8 characters long.
- You will be asked to re-enter your password in the next type box to confirm the same.
- After the username and password entries, you will be asked to key in your personal details like country, date of birth, gender and country code to complete the Microsoft account creation.
- You will next be asked to key in your mobile phone number and an alternate email address for Microsoft to contact you if you have lost your password or if you have any issues.
- The final stage of the sign up process needs you to enter a special code that is seen on the screen. This is to prove that you are a human looking to sign up for a new Hotmail account.
- Finally, click on create an account option at the bottom of the page to complete the process of Hotmail account creation.
After creation of your Hotmail account, you can sign in to your Hotmail inbox easily. You will have to visit www.Hotmail.com website from the browser.
- On the sign-in page, you will have to enter your Hotmail email address and the password in the appropriate boxes.
- Then, click on sign in option to get instant access to your Hotmail inbox.
With the new Hotmail account that you have created, you can now sign in to any of the Microsoft services and start to use them instantly.